Holidays at Reds
Make your home boo-tiful inside and out with spooktacular fall holiday decorations from the Halloween Shop at Reds. We carry a large selection
of fun and spooky decorations as well as the more traditional pumpkins, gourds, scarecrows, wheat sheaves, Indian corn, and hay bales. Frightfully fun!
Ten Reasons to visit Reds in October ▼
- What's Halloween without a pumpkin to carve or paint?
- It's time to spruce up your garden with fall colors and textures.
- It's a great time to plant or transplant trees and shrubs.
- It's a good time to plant spring-blooming bulbs so they will establish roots before the first hard frost.
- Everything you need to decorate your home for the autumn holidays is here at Reds.
- At Reds you'll find ideas and inspirations to brighten your indoors and outdoors from our extensive selection of plant material to our home, garden accessories, and patio accessories collections.
- It's the perfect time to pick out a thoughtful present for your holiday host or hostess from our large selection of unique gifts.
- Now that the days are shorter and the cooler weather is finally here, it's time to think firewood!
- We have a great lineup of fall seminars and events.
- It's fun to shop at Reds!
It's important to remember not to limit yourself to turkeys and pilgrims when decorating for Thanksgiving. Colorful fall leaves make
beautiful decorations that will brighten any table. Nature provides beautiful decorating ideas, from pumpkins and cranberries to pine cones; even sticks and branches can
be used to make centerpieces. The Gift Shop at Reds has beautifully detailed ceramic pumpkins, resin crafted gourds, and metal sculptures to compliment your interior with
themes from nature. If it's for Thanksgiving, we have it, from Indian corn to cornucopias.
You'll find everything you need to decorate your home or office for the holidays at Reds. We have fresh-cut trees, pre-lit artificial trees, wreaths,
boughs, garland, swags, pine and spruce tips and tops, lights, and ornaments. And no holiday setting would be complete without plenty of poinsettias and tabletop greens. You can
make your own tabletop setting using our selection of fresh-cut greens, twigs, berries, eucalyptus, and magnolias (our staff will be on hand if you need help), or you can purchase
an arrangement pre-made by our designer.
Interested in a customized winter arrangement? Can't move your containers? Help is just a phone call away! Call (847) 272-1209 and talk to one of our designers.
At Reds Garden Center, we've perfected the art of finding the perfect fresh-cut Christmas tree.
Five reasons to come to Reds for your live Christmas tree ▼
- Every Tree is Hand Picked. Reds inspects every tree for color, shape, density and health. If it's not up to our standards, we won't sell it.
- Fresher Trees. Most retailers have their trees cut early, but we wait to harvest our trees at just the right time for optimal needle retention. A fresher
tree means longer lasting fragrance and fewer needles on the floor!
- Variety. Reds has traditional Balsam and Douglas Firs as well as premium Frasier Firs in sizes ranging from tabletop trees to 14-foot tall giants.
- As a Christmas tree, the Balsam Fir has several desirable properties. It has a dark-green appearance and attractive form. It
also retains its pleasing fragrance.
- The Douglas Fir is a softer, more fragrant variety of tree. The branches are spreading and drooping. The needles are
dark green or blue green in color and usually 1 to 1½ inches long. They have a sweet fragrance that is often used in holiday
- The combination of form, needle retention, dark blue-green color, pleasant scent and excellent shipping characteristics has led
to the Fraser Fir being a most popular Christmas tree species.
- Freestanding Display. Ever buy a wrapped tree only to discover the not-so-festive spots when you open it at home? Not at Reds. Our trees are displayed
open and freestanding so you can walk among them and see them 360°. You'll get just the right tree with no hidden weak spots.
- Complimentary Services. After you select your tree, we'll fresh-cut the bottom to allow water to absorb into the trunk and we'll wrap it in netting to protect
the branches. We'll carry your tree to your car and load it or provide twine and tie it to your car's roof. Some retailers charge extra for these services.
Yes, there will be big box stores that sell trees for a little less. But when you consider that all our trees are hand-selected and fresher, and that we provide all these free services,
we think you'll agree that a Reds' tree is an excellent value.
In addition to fresh trees, we carry a large line of artificial Christmas trees in a number of height, diameter, and pre-lit and unlit options.
Our Gift & Garden Shop showcases artificial Christmas trees that are decorated in various styles, offering you some holiday decorating ideas.
Unique Gifts & Déecor